- Control the perimeter of your opponent's defense
- Use the Trojan Series to flood the point of attack with offensive linemen and overwhelm any defensive scheme
- Implement a false key to make the defense flow away from the point of attack
with Tim Murphy, Clayton Valley (CA) High School Head Coach; 2012 Division II North Coast CIF Champions; In 2012 ranked first in the state of California (DII) in scoring (54 ppg); total yards (over 500 ypg) and rushing (over 400 ypg); During his 13 years of running the Double Wing Offense, Murphy has won four CIF titles, 10 league championships and has been ranked in the Top 50 in the nation three times!
Tim Murphy teaches what he calls the most dynamic series of his offense - the outside run game.
Coach Murphy's vast experience with the double wing gives him a great understanding of what plays complement the offense. In this detailed DVD, he explains how he attacks the perimeter with the outside run game out of the double wing offense.
A successful offense strives to control the perimeter of the defense, and Coach Murphy provides plays and adjustments you can use to get the ball to the perimeter. Murphy discusses:
- The Trojan Series - Get the ball to the perimeter with a lot of lead blockers to outnumber the defense - similar to the old USC student body play.
- Rocket Sweep - This quick, outside play has a great scheme with the front side pulling and reaching, and the backside pulling to influence the defense. Wing-T coaches will love this play - it's like the quick pitch with motion.
Coach Murphy shows different ways the fullback and the guards can provide false keys to deliver an effective running play. These false keys will hinder how aggressively the defense can play and prevent linebackers from successfully keying on guards and running backs. He shows different ways to get the ball into the hands of your playmakers without adjusting your blocking scheme. Murphy also gives his thoughts how you can tailor your offense to your personnel.
His whiteboard explanations and practice footage of each play will help any coach install the outside run series. By drawing each play against both odd and even fronts he offers solutions for most challenges encountered by offensive coordinators running the hybrid double wing.
This well-orchestrated outside run attack will dissect and conquer your opponent, leaving the opposition in a wake of offensive destruction.
63 minutes. 2013.Football Videos